This section provides a checklist of "key differentiators" to consider when comparing Police Central's offerings
against our competitors in the law enforcement, public safety, corrections and jail management marketplace.
1. I.R.I.S.™ integration of world-class Inmate Recognition and Identification System provided by
BI2 Technologies. This National Sheriffs' Association endorsed technology positively identifies inmates and visitors,
regardless of the jurisdiction where they were initially enrolled in I.R.I.S.™
2. Totally Web-based technology platform, simplifying deployment, maintenance, upgrades, and agency
access to the system. For example, we have jail customers who have enabled their surrounding police departments,
warrant and civil service deputies, and related agencies to access the Police Central system via secure web connections.
3. Totally integrated and scalable solution. Initial agency requirements can be satisfied quickly, with
additional modules to be incorporated later, as agency funding and priorities evolve. Configurable
features allow implementation of a fully customized and integrated system that can grow with
4. Totally consistent user interface to all modules. Users who learn how to use the Bookings module will
face a very easy learning curve as agency funding and priorities evolve to include new functionality (e.g.,
Property & Evidence, Criminal Warrants, Civil Process, Incident Reporting, Jail Incidents, Inmate Watch,
and many more modules).
5. Comprehensive functionality supporting all operational responsibilities of Police Departments, County Sheriffs, or
Corrections departments. For example, most jail management systems on the market today cover the basics of
inmate intake, movement, and release. However, only Police Central provides the broad range of in-depth
functionality in many areas that are critical to inmate, officer, and public safety, including:
* Inmate Jacket "flags" to alert all staff of critical medical, mental health, dangers, gang-related and
other issues associated with the inmate.
* Configurable "flag notifier" to send email / mobile device alerts to selected staff groups (e.g.,
Medical unit, Gang unit, etc.) as soon as a specified "flag" is added to an inmate's jacket.
* Comprehensive conflict checking for all inmate movements, including "keep separate" rules for
specific inmates, schedule conflicts with other pending moves (e.g., attempting to move an
inmate for a court appearance will check and identify a potential conflict with scheduled medical
appointments to check BP and blood sugar), and reminders of scheduled appointments at the
time of inmate release.
* Fail-safe release processing ensuring that critical steps are completed prior to releasing an
inmate; configurable support includes items such as warrant checks, victim notification, holds for
other agencies, and "release notes" that must be reviewed by the officer prior to release.
6. Flexible reporting capability allowing users to create one-time ad hoc reports as needed, save these
new reports for future use, schedule automatic email delivery of the reports to specified users, or export
the report results for incorporation into agency websites or further analysis in spreadsheet, graphing, or
other third-party products. These customer designed reports supplement hundreds of standard reports
provided by the Police Central system.